Coenzyme Q10 (also known as ubiquinone) is, in the simplest terms, an antioxidant (read more on antioxidants here) produced naturally in every cell of the body. Its production begins to decline after age 20.
You could compare coenzyme Q10 to an antioxidant such as vitamin C, as it utilizes the same pathway in building healthy skin, except that it’s way gentler. Coenzyme Q10 doesn’t interfere with other active ingredients used on the skin so you don’t have to worry about when and how to use it.
Its benefits for the skin include:
1) Evening out and brightening skin tone
2) Reducing sun damage
3) Working against hyper-pigmentation
4) Helping with signs of aging by stimulating collagen and elastin production
5) Helping in faster healing of acne scars and marks
6) Improving skin hydration
7) Detoxifying and soothing the skin
Best, most effective times for application:
1) Before or after sun exposure
2) At night